I am an experienced Counsellor and Psychotherapist - I am warm and friendly, empathic and supportive. I understand that the decision to come for counselling is an important one, and that finding the right counsellor is key. I believe in the transformative potential of counselling to improve mental and emotional wellbeing.
My previous work experience includes: working as a Counsellor in a staff and student counselling service within a Further Education college, and I also worked for many years with Cruse Bereavement Care (Craven & Bradford). Prior to re-training as a Counsellor I worked in the Voluntary Sector developing and managing peer mentoring programmes.
I attend regular training and am a member of a Continuing Professional Development group with other counsellors to ensure that my practice continues to evolve and develop. I also receive monthly clinical supervision and am fully insured.
I’m also a registered member (106638) of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP); my work is guided by its Ethical Framework for the Counselling Professions which puts client wellbeing at its heart. This means you can be assured that I work to professional standards.
Additional training includes:
- Working with Adult Survivors of Childhood Trauma (Stage 2), 2018
- Supervision Diploma Course, 2018
- Counselling Clients on the Autistic Spectrum, 2018
- Working with Domestic Violence and Abuse, 2017
- Complex Trauma Work (Stage 1), 2017
- Awareness in Bereavement Care with Children & Young People, 2016
- Trauma, Dissociation and Recovery, 2016
- Introduction to Sand Tray Therapy, 2015
- Relational Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, 2014